Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Jack reads Locke suicide note, Ben reads Ulysses

As the plane continues flying through the night, Ben sits across the isle from Jack reading Ulysses. Jack asks he how he can read and Ben replies "My mother taught me." It's a funny little line but also not true seeing as Ben's mother died shortly after he was born. He continues by saying he can read because it beats what Jack is doing which is "waiting for something to happen." Later, Jack asks Ben if he knew Locke killed himself and be replies "No, no I didn't." That's when Jack pulls Locke's suicide note from his jacket and says that he's been trying to get rid of it, "but it's like it's following me." He then says "I know it seems crazy, but it feels like John needs me to read it." Ben asks him why he doesn't read it then. He then asks Jack if he's afraid that John blames him for what happened and that it's his fault he killed himself. Jack asks Ben if it was his fault and Ben tells him it was not. Ben then gets up to give Jack some privacy.

Jack then looks an the envelope for a moment and then tears it open. The piece of notebook paper simply says "Jack, I wish you had believed me. JL." Jack is taken aback by the note. Right after he lowers the note, the plane starts to experience turbulence. More on that in the next post.

No comments: